|CPR Basics||AHA Guidelines||Adult CPR||Child CPR||Infant CPR||AED Guidelines||CPR Test|
Infant CPR should be administered administered to any victim under the age of 12 months. The procedure is as follows:
1. Check the baby for unresponsiveness by patting his/her feet, shoulders or chest. Give 2 minutes of CPR before calling 911. Pulse Location - Brachial artery (arm)
2. Circulation and compressions. Push down with 2 fingers(1/2 hand) ½ inch 30 times at the rate of 100 per minute in the center of the chest just below the nipples.
3. Airways. Slightly tilt the head into "sniffer's position
4. Breathing. If the baby is NOT breathing give 2 small gentle breaths. Cover the baby's mouth and nose with your mouth. Each breath should be 1 second long. You should see the baby's chest rise with each breath
5. Continue until help arrives.
Video used with permission of www.learncpr.org